If you feel like your significant other sometimes tunes you out . . . well, congratulations on being like EVERYONE else. And . . . it's TRUE.
According to a new study out of England, both men and women really DO tune out words they subconsciously don't find relevant.
For the study, the researchers picked stereotypically "male" words like "beer" and "football" . . . and stereotypically "female" words like "chocolate" and "shopping."
Then they had men and women listen to a conversation, and report on what they heard.
Men were more likely to remember the parts that featured the male words and forget the other parts . . . women were more likely to remember the parts with female words and forget the rest.
BARBARA WALTERS has revealed some of the celebrities who will be featured on her 21st annual "Most Fascinating People of the Year" special.
This is a HUGE deal. Barbara is 84 years old. She doesn't get out of bed to be fascinated by just anyone anymore . . . you have to truly be a world-changing MEGA FORCE . . . like KIM KARDASHIAN and KANYE WEST.
As usual, the list has 10 entries. She's released nine of them ahead of time . . . while the Number One most fascinating person won't be unveiled until the special airs on December 18th. Here are the ones we know now:
Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West
NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden
The stars of "Duck Dynasty"
"Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts
Prince George, the newborn son of Prince William and Kate Middleton
Long-distance swimmer Diana Nyad
The show will also pay tribute to the previous 20 years of Barbara's "Most Fascinating People of the Year" specials, which started in 1993.
Barbara is retiring next May . . . so this will be her last one. It's unclear how she expects us to know who is and who isn't fascinating without her.
1. Let them amble without interruption. This can include anything from obsessively hunting videos on YouTube to reorganizing their sock drawer. It’s soothing to them. It doesn’t matter whether or not you understand why.
2. Know that even though all the kitchen cabinets are always left open, your house is not haunted.
3. When a conversation switches between 20 seemingly unrelated topics within 5 minutes, just go with it.
4. Make peace with the fact that piles of clothes will move around the house, but never get put away.
5. When they say they’ll be ready in an hour, give them two. Then add 15 minutes.
6. Don’t get too attached to a rigid plan. It’s probably going to change.
7. Get used to hearing the phrase, “Wait, what was I talking about?” Because you’re going to hear it a lot.
8. Don’t be offended if you’re talking about something serious and suddenly they get distracted by whatever is happening right over your shoulder.
9. Learn to appreciate the beauty of half-finished projects. Or get really good at finishing them yourself.
10. Give them time to process things in their own way on their own terms (this is true for everyone, but ADD people often need to think/feel things in very specific ways
11. Bring an extra toothbrush on trips. They are going to forget theirs.
12. If they’re doing something else while talking to you, try not to get all huffy. Sometimes multi-tasking actually helps with focusing your boo’s ADD brain — chances are, they’re totally listening.
13. Accept that when they’re accompanying you anywhere, it will take you twice as long to get there.
14. Don’t expect them to sit next to you on the couch for an entire movie.
15. Don’t expect them to go with you to the movie theater, period, unless it’s, like, the movie of the year.
16. Understand that when they’re talking about doing something for a long time, it’s their way of procrastinating. Help keep them on track by not asking too many questions.
17. Don’t rush them at the grocery store.
18. Refrain from saying “I told you so” when they can’t get remotely as much done in a one-hour time period as they think.
19. Help them keep track of their train of thought, especially when it starts going off the rails.
20. Don’t ever try to change them or make them fit a “normal” mode. Embrace their quirks, never-put-away piles and all.
Lady Gaga went around Japan shirtless and in camo with boots that have bird wings on them! Honestly, if I came to work with that outfit on people would think I'm out of my mind. But Lady Gaga is the only one who can pull it off, obviously.
Some people are claiming that Gaga's "empire is crumbling" since her ARTPOP album sales plumeted 80% since its release 3 weeks ago. Personally, I don't care what anyone says about her! She's amazing and if anything, her empire is doing nothing but rising.
Lady Gaga took to Instagram to share this pic of her dressed as a living doll. She commented on the shot, “...I'm finally feeling like me again.”
She’s sporting some anime inspired eyes painted on her eyelids and va-va-voom hair with a giant pink bow.
What do you think… is Gaga going back to her full-blown “costumey” persona?
I need an Amazon Drone and I need one NOW! Talk about futuristic! Amazon’s chief executive announced that the company will be testing out a new system where mini drones will deliver packages to customers in just 30 minutes! Crazy right?! Check out the video!
PHOTO CREDIT: YOUTUBE
Downtown residents in NYC are reporting that when it gets windy, the new One World Trade Center building emits eerie sounds.
The first reports of the sound date back to Hurricane Sandy.
Do you believe in ghosts?