The photog says he was threatened by Bieber's bodyguards
Listen to Justin Bieber on iHeartRadio
(Yahoo!) - Justin Bieber's troubles have grown … significantly.
The 19-year-old and one of his bodyguards have been hit with a lawsuit stemming from an incident with a photographer in Miami earlier this month.
In a legal papers filed in Miami-Dade County circuit court, Jeffrey Binion alleges that while he was photographing the teen singer on a sidewalk outside The Hit Factory recording studio on June5, Bieber ordered his four bodyguards to take the memory card from Binion’s camera. During the encounter, the photographer says he was thrown against a wall, grabbed by the throat, and — most shockingly — threatened with a holstered gun that Bieber’s heavy Hugo Hesnyhad under his shirt.
Binion claims to have been injured during the scuffle, during which Hesny raised his shirt to show him the weapon, and is suing to cover medical expenses and additional damages.
Russell S. Adler, the attorney for Binion, confirmed the lawsuit to omg! on Monday. He noted that his client is a 56-year-old professional photographer, not a celebrity paparazzo. Calling the way his client was treated by the pop star’s bodyguard "an outrage," he said of Bieber: "This guy has gone too far."
“Justin Bieber is now an adult, and he should act like one. He needs to learn that he cannot use bodyguards as weapons to harm innocent people," Adler said.
A rep for the Canadian singer has not yet responded to omg!'s request for comment about the lawsuit.
READ MORE: Yahoo!
Photo Credit Getty Images